Sunday, April 12, 2020

I can't find the BishopBlog so I guess for right now I'll have to do the Mission blog

Dear Family,
I'm not very good at speaking and not being long and boring. I have just had a few thoughts over the last while that I want to share with you.
In this life we have been very blessed! Everyday when I would say to you to school or send you out the door I always tried to say "Choose the Right, Return with Honor and No matter what you do remember the gospel is true. Then if I had plenty of time I would add, "We may not have it all together but together we have it all! I wanted you to know that you were all so important to me and your Dad. As life has gone on I have learned like everyone that I have not been perfect, I made mistakes. :(  More than I meant to and sometimes how I said something is not what you heard at all. All in All I believe that we have been blessed with the best children ever!
The reason I said all this stuff was I wanted you to always do the right thing no matter who you were with or if you were alone. I wanted you to know that no matter what I will always love and pray for you and I will always have your back.
As I grow older my thoughts have changed in some ways. Some of my children have told me that they knew they were important but if Mom felt busy or overwhelmed they wouldn't take the time to talk with me. I never wanted to be to busy for my family. So my advice is take the time to talk with each of your children on a regular basis. Ask them questions that aren't yes or no, try to understand what they are saying and listen to them.
I still believe that the best things we can do for our children is to read the Book Of Mormon to them every day. I had a friend who is not active at the moment but her daughter said, I love to hear the Book of Mormon, it brings comfort to my soul. As we read the scriptures to them they will learn to feel the Spirit  and the promptings that will come to them in their lives.
Love your children and be there for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment